While waiting for my tires to be changed at Walmart, I took the time to slowly carouse the Christmas department and really ask myself if any of it was reviewable. We've got the standard things you expect in a Walmart Christmas department in the south...

1. Nascar ornaments
2. A whole John Deere Section
3. Titans Ornaments
4. Vols Ornaments
5. Hunter Santa

And, then, somehow there are the things I don't expect.

There is nothing spectacular on surface level about this selection of gift bags. They are actually our cheapest ones. They are made of a brown paper that is only a step or two up from your typical lunch sack.

But somehow, I find them to be incredibly beautiful and incredibly Christmas-y.






This may be my favorite one. Just look at nature communing as one in the name of Christmas. I love the earthiness of this bag. Although.. on a humorous note, I have to say that what I like most about it is that all of the animals in it look ashamed or pissed. Check out that deer and his far away stare. He's thinking - I better get an extra itouch for letting these damn birds climb all over me (is that what deer dream of? I haven't read a deer amazon wish list). That white bunny is sadly looking down at his paws as though he stole his winter accessories from the body of a frozen rabbit, less lucky than he.




So if you get a present from me.. you might get it inside of these bags. If I don't start getting more hours at the wonderful walmart.. your present may be one of these bags. Sorry. But at least if you get the reviewed bag- I will include with it a short story explaining what lead to this animal snapshot and all that happened post. I may do that anyway.

Coming up... A review of a disturbing new toy I uncovered: The Puptini.

SO ... a mere...

33 days
TIL CHRISTMAS

0 comments: