As you may or may not know, I am a student at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. Due to my three years of giving my tuition money, this year UT decided to give back and help me with my dreams. As though sent from angels to accomplish my goals in this blog, I received in the mail an envelope containing samples of the most beautiful thing I've ever seen: Vol themed Christmas card. Perhaps it is just a coincidence, but I feel like it is the universe working towards my ability to become the most well-respected Christmas blog on Internet. So, without further introduction, let me show you these beauties:

First up: Santa. The ways the power T was worked into this picture are so subtle and beautiful, making Santa and the Volunteers seem at utter peace with the world. Even the kittens and the puppies are happily napping next to eachother; the laws of nature should make them want to kill eachother! Imagine the kitten puppy bloodbath. Yet, Santa's presence, despite his sleeping, overrides their instincts. Maybe Santa was napping when he was supposed to bring our early Christmas gift in the form of victory against Florida last week.

Make no mistake about it: Santa here is saying that the Vols are more important than America. I think if you could add about 2 inches to the frame you would see the American flag burning keeping our Jolliness warm.

I'm not really sure what is going on here. Does someone live in this tree? Why does it need two mailboxes?

Here's Smokey. Larger than life. Scaring the hell out of the little children. He looks majestic like a mighty Sphinx. Hopefully, however, he is not frozen and will not remain here for years to come to be gawked at by tourists.

Nothing says Christmas like birds and holly. I feel like perhaps this was at one point a typical Christmas card. The last bird was holding up his own holly or perhaps a Christmas flag, but someone in the University art department thought, "You know what? This would be even more festive with a giant UT flag." And they were right.

If you could hear this beautiful scene, I feel that one of the birds would be whistling Rocky top and the other Jingle bells at the same time.

I really do not have too much to say about these. I think their beauty speaks more than my words can. Stay tuned for tomorrow's exciting installment!



Good old Rocky top, Rocky top Tennessee.
89 days until Christmas!

0 comments: