A mere three days into my endeavors here in becoming the greatest Christmas blog on the blogosphere many of my friends and family have begun to question the sustainability of my project. In a month where it is still too early to already have your Halloween party planned out, how can I really make a Christmas blog last? Well, my friends, my readers, I promise to you with more fortitude than even a presidential candidate that this blog will be up to date until the very day which I write upon. That is, of course, Christmas day.

What will keep this good ship The Jolly Ship afloat is the fact that I am not the only one enraged with the Christmas spirit. There are others that in February, April, and especially July (which any true elf will recall the 25th is famed as "Christmas in July") stop their daily activities and look up to the sky. In that brief moment they will remember the warmth and majesty that is the Christmas season. It will cover them, as it does me, with a peace that remains and a yearning that forces them to check online how long it is until Christmas .

And, of course, there are also those motivated by the business of Christmas. The jollibusiness (jol-li-busi-ness: noun. like agribusiness: if instead of cultivating crops and raising cattle you cultivated fiber optic angels and raised reindeer), if you will. For instance, QVC already has their Christmas shopping available online as well as running specials on the 25th this month as well. They too appreciated the 90 day mark as I did. I would like to highlight for you now the most spectacular of offerings they have already placed on the world wide web:


Santa, a being of all giving and loving, actually here is hollowed out to possess a beautiful scene that will surely be redone in mosaics and wall-hangings all over the world. I suspect even now it is already going to be the trendiest piece to have on your mantel this holiday season. In a zoomed image we can see truly what is occurring here:



Our good friends Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto are all here. They are climbing all over each other for one common goal: the placing of the star on the tree. However, in a deeper sense they are also climbing up towards Santa - - to attain Santa-ness. If only they would be able to be ever-forgiving and giving the same way Santa would. Donald, I'm sure, would not mouth off nearly as often. So, my friends, pull out your credit cards or apply for a new one and get it before it's gone!

This concludes tonight's moment in Christmas. I hope you enjoyed it. Look forward to tomorrow as I continue to raise the bar in my coverage.

Happy Holidays, friends! Remember: a mere Halloween and Thanksgiving are keeping us from blissful joy!

88 days until Christmas!

0 comments: