A vengeance?

That's not very Jolly....

Let's try... Back... with a mighty ho-ho-ho!

So, starting this exact moment... the first of November, I am officially declaring it Christmas blog season. Now, you might think to yourself.." wait a second, you normally start this blog in early September. That's why it's special. It's untimely for a long time." I know, I know. This year, I am trying a new approach to the blogosphere in hopes that I won't get all blogged out before we are even Mid-December.

I may not have been blogging these last few months, but I have been Christmas-ing it up. I've already broken out my favorite pop-Christmas cd's in the car and am blasting them (partly to feel the magic of the season, but also because it was an incredibly hot fall and the music made me feel 'cooler'). AND my rival turned boyfriend of Festivus Countdown Fame, D_rek, took me to the Christmas Place (the self proclaimed largest Christmas store in the South East).

On top of all the wonderful things we saw there, what I liked most was seeing how many other people were fascinated with the idea of Christmas in September. People were excitedly buying presents, customizing ornaments, etc. Kids were aglow with that smile that says Santa has been spotted by NORAD in their home-city. What is great though - this place is open all year. People come in like that all year. Somehow, I felt less alone in my lunacy.

We also went to the very lovely companion restaurant to the shop, The Patridge & Pear . Review coming soon! (Did I mention the Christmas Place has its own Hotel too? I may have blogged about it 'visiting' it last year. I still have not been fortunate enough to stay there.).

I would include all of the pictures, but I think I will spread them out as I talk about different parts of Christmas. Expect an update every other day or so in November and (in theory and hope) every day of December.

Til then,

Be good. Me and Santa are watching you.


ONLY
53 days til Christmas!








Today's Official Christmas Jam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Yxq4QEkUE

(Semi-Related: Did I mention that during the summer I bought a Regis Philbin Christmas Album? Priceless. Blog update on that one soon too!)

Today's Christmas Tip:
Don't let your Holiday Spirit end on December 26th. Be kind and gracious to your fellow man every day.... and every day can be Christmas (but no one is going to be giving you gifts every day or anything).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it. especially how you brought back your "rival turned boyfriend of Festivus Countdown Fame" - you're too funny.