I don't like to make such bold statements, but I think I have the right as a Christmas expert to say that..

Cracker Barrel is the official (un-official) Christmas restaurant. They were starting to celebrate with me back in September, and boy, they bring the heat. When you walk in there you are assaulted with the holiday spirit (maybe assaulted isn't an attractive word here). There is tree, after tree packed full of ornaments. As adamant followers of my blog would know, I have written about Cracker Barrel before ( Here ). Today, I am not upset with them.

I had just been there a couple of weeks ago with the fam, and I made an epic discovery. --- the cutest thing in the history of all mankind. Perhaps in the history of time or the history of history.

Bare witness:


And now, having seen it... Be jealous in knowing that, thanks to my amazing boyfriend, I own this penguin. He was just one of my many sweet gifts. It felt like Christmas...

I love this lil' guy. I'm going to play him for all purposes: feeling down, feeling great, feeling Christmasy, not feeling Christmasy, celebrating, mourning. I'll be shocked if Derick doesn't "accidentally" break him before Thanksgiving.

So, head on over to Cracker Barrel and purchase your own while they last.

Super exciting updates coming this week! Get pumped!

OH and if you didn't know,

47 days til Christmas!

Today's Official Christmas Jam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gKzXlqsOeE
This is a really sweet little Sufjan Stevens Christmas jam and cartoon. Makes me miss my Grandmothers. If you have any that you can call still, make sure you do. I know I wish I had more often and I'd trade about a million presents for one more 'happy birthday' sung over the phone.

Today's Christmas Tip:
Try not to be a jerk. Nobody likes a jerk. (certainly not Santa) Sounds pretty simple, but it is shockingly hard not to be a jerk these days.

-and- nobody likes a stinky house: buy Glade Christmas candles. They smell amazing and are adorable too:
http://www.glade.com/WinterCollection/ScentDefault.aspx?id=98

1 comments:

Yzzerdd said...

Christmas Penguin is the reason for the season!