It's my birthday today! As my present to myself, I am fulfilling my dream to remember to make a post every other day. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

So, what will I wittily banter about in regards to Christmas today? I want to draw more attention to the Partridge and the Pear (a restaurant in Pigeon Forge, TN I referenced last post). When first walking in, I had a moment where I felt that perhaps we did not belong in the restaurant. It is decorated very tastefully and arranged in a way that makes you understand you are in a fine dining establishment. It's certainly no Ruby Tuesday with a Christmas theme, so when we arrived in casual clothes with no reservation, I was a little nervous.

However, most of the people in the restaurant were tourists and dressed as such. Even without a call ahead, we were seated within 10 minutes. Our waiting time was in a side room that featured Christmas theme art upon the walls and large, comfy couches. And on top of all of this.. a beautiful brick fireplace (what Christmas cottage would be without one?).

As you walk through the resturant, each room has a different theme to the decorations. We sat in least Christmas-y of them all (sadly enough). I gazed with childlike wonder into each passing room as we approached our destination. One boasted blue walls and beautifully done hand-painted snow. Our room, however, was designed after the namesake of the resturant. As far as either of us can recall, each table had a pear centerpiece and the partridges were in cages hanging from the ceiling. It was a very green and pastel colored room. I would have enjoyed a more brightly, overtly Christmas room.

The menu goes along with the fine dining atmosphere - boasting unique (and somewhat pricey) flavor combinations that somehow all screamed "holiday." However, walking in I knew what I wanted -- Christmas dinner with all the trimmings. We're talking turkey and cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes, here. However, I was shocked to find no such meal on the menu. I had already decided on an alternative - "Rainbow Trout - a Smoky Mountain favorite, locally-sourced whole trout baked in a pecan crust & finished with an orange-cranberry beurre blanc."

I was excited about trying something new, but when our incredibly friendly and wonderful waitress Amanda (if you go there, you must ask for her) took our orders she told us that the nightly special was "The Traditional." Which is, of course, what my Christmas heart had been yearning for. It didn't take much thought for me to revert to my original game plan (though I would love to try the trout another time). I was not disappointed! We were given ridiculously fresh, delicious, and heaping portions of everything. Oh -- and did I mention that when we were waiting on our food we were served cranberry biscuits with homemade pear butter?

I'm not a food critic, but I do know Christmas. And this Christmas themed restaurant gets..

out of 5 trees.




Oh, and p.s.

49 days til Christmas!

(also, fun fact: this is the 50th blog post :> )

Today's Official Christmas Jam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=981-rAfPtKo


Today's Christmas Tip:
"Oh! You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I'm telling you why...."Sometimes, you may be faced with unfortunate situations. People or circumstances might come up to bring down your Holiday (and general good) spirit. Don't let them beat you. Just be the best person you can be. That's all you can control. Santa (or God or Karma or whatever you believe in*) will be the one dishing out the consequences.


*like maybe a Tpain**
**but not really, please don't hold this as evidence in the court of law

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT.
hahaha.